Do you love cycling and working with kids?
We want YOU to become an Avout Racing junior coach. Yes! You! Avout Racing is a non-profit cycling organization in the southwest Denver metro area. With our kids programs continuing to grow, we’re looking for new coaches who are passionate about sharing their love of bikes!
You do not need to be an expert rider to be a coach—we consider it more important to connect well with kids! Even beginner mountain bikers who are great with kids make awesome coaches for our younger groups.
Job Opportunities – Positions available for all levels of mountain biking and cyclocross, from beginners to experts. You can work 2 to 10+ hours per week (with the possibility of even more in the summer) depending on your desired level of commitment. Practices locations vary, generally in the southwest Denver metro area. Most practices are weekday evenings spring through fall, in addition to morning options in the summer. There are possibilities for weekend race support or program practices based on coach availability and interest. You can commit to the schedule that works for you.
- Strider & Early Pedal Coach – Our youngest and cutest! These 2–5-year-olds are a ton of fun as they learn the basics of balance and riding bikes.
- Recreational MTB Coach – Our recreational mountain bikers from age 6 through high school, grouped by age, with a focus on fun and skill progression.
- Race-Focused MTB Coach – Our race-driven mountain bikers from age 9 through high school, with a focus on building solid skills and competitive endurance while still having fun. Opportunities for coaches to provide race support.
- Beginner CX Coach – A mellow cyclocross program for our younger or more recreational juniors
- Intermediate or Advanced CX Coach – Our race-driven cyclocross juniors from age 9 through high school, with a focus on building solid skills and speed while still having fun. Opportunities for coaches to provide race support.
- Race-Focused MTB Director: Train coaches, plan, and run off-season activities, develop general training plan for juniors in Training Peaks, create and deliver curriculum for the coaches, manage coaches and practices.
- Recreational MTB Director: Train coaches, create and deliver coaches curriculum, manage coaches and practices.
- Able to coach and work with kids in a productive manner
- Attend practices according to schedule
- Teach cycling skills through a provided curriculum
- Provide mentorship and teach life lessons through our team’s 5 Respects
- Work collaboratively with other coaches
- Know and follow Avout Racing policies for safety
- 16 years or older
- Pass a background check
- Be a capable mountain biker with cycling skills appropriate for the program level
- Have own mountain bike, helmet, cycling apparel, and bike tools (you will receive a team jersey assuming you join before our ordering timeline)
- Basic bicycle and repair knowledge
- Enjoy working with kids, with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Complete two short online trainings (CDC Heads Up Concussion training and SafeSport training) and one in-person training day (which includes basic first aid and basic bike repair)
Pay is hourly based on experience.