2023 Avout Racing Selects
Do You Dream of Cycling?
The Avout Racing Selects is a small group of passionate, competitive athletes ages thirteen to U23. Our mission is to set up our Select athletes for professional cycling once they leave the junior ranks. We have crafted a program that includes individual training programs, intensive practice sessions, building tactical knowledge of the sport, and racing as often as possible. The athletes who are selected for this program volunteer in their local communities and maintain a high grade point average in school.
Our Selects can opt into the parts of the program that makes sense for them: Selects have the option to train under Rob Donovan, Avout Racing’s Selects Head Coach, or bring their own coach to the program. You don’t have to be local to join; local athletes can opt into the local strength and conditioning program and join the local MTB and/or CX practices. And all Selects athletes will receive the benefits of Avout Racing’s experience and guidance in the junior cycling world, leadership opportunities in the team and the cycling community, the benefits of Avout Racing’s sponsors, and full support at national MTB and CX travel races.
The Selects application process will be just that – selective. We want to assemble a strong group of juniors ready to take on the local and national stage. Do you have what it takes? Apply HERE.
Selects will be tiered based on past performance and potential (Elite, Tier 1, Tier 2). We are looking for a handful of Elite Selects who will podium at the National level. These top athletes will have many of the program fees and travel costs paid for by the team, as well as additional Castelli clothing credit. Our Tier 1 Selects will have about a 20% discount on most of the program costs, as well as additional Castelli clothing credit.
Select Team Member Requirements:
- Have ridden at least 150 hours or 1,200 miles in 2022
- Ranked in the top 30% of your specific age in your state
- A demonstrated commitment to your cycling success through hard work
Selects Program Offerings for 2023:
- 7-month Program, ideal for the one discipline athlete: Program fee, Individualized Coaching with Rob Donovan, and two free Castelli kit and other sponsor benefits -- $1750
- 10-month Program, ideal for the MTB athlete who also participates in the HS MTB league: Program fee, Individualized Coaching with Rob Donovan, and two free Castelli kit and other sponsor benefits -- $2500
- 12-month Program, ideal for the multi-discipline athlete: Program fee, Individualized Coaching with Rob Donovan, and two free Castelli kit and other sponsor benefits -- $3000
- 12-month Program, Bring Your Own Coach – Program fee and two free Castelli kit and other sponsor benefits -- $1200
- Elite Selects will have dramatically discounted program and coaching fees. Tier 1 Selects will have a discount on program and coaching fees.
Craft the Perfect Program for You with these Add-ons:
- Off the Bike Strength Conditioning: $200 (10 weeks, twice a week, Jan-March); (expected for local riders unless they are doing something similar already)
- Advanced MTB Practices: $699 (expected for local riders – and who would want to miss out on this?), discounted to $449 if you sign up for Coach Rob’s coaching
- Advanced CX Practices: $599 (expected for local riders – and who would want to miss out on this?), discounted to $349 if you sign up for Coach Rob’s coaching
- Spring MTB Camp: $500 (encouraged for all Selects)
- MTB and CX Supported National Travel Races: varies, approximately $500 per race (bike transport, venue support, Avout Racing Oasis, coaching, and mechanic)
- Elite Selects will pay no fees for these program Add-ons and their food and lodging will be covered at travel races. Tier 1 Selects will have a discount on these program Add-ons.
Applications are being accepted now through November 30. Apply HERE. Applicants will be notified by December 15 and initial payment is due by December 31. Off the bike strength conditioning and individualized training plans start January 4. Contact Jessica@AvoutRacing.com with any questions.
Want to learn more? Join us for informational zoom meetings:
- Info Meeting on Zoom about Avout Racing Selects and Academy Programs – Watch recording HERE - Passcode: aU=4f8.e
- Info Meeting about Avout Racing Selects Program – Watch recording HERE - Passcode: !Tr*Q&9N
MTB Practice Schedule: March 28 through MTB Nationals in July; Practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, with one practice a week in Ken-Caryl (Littleton, Colorado area) and one practice a week at other locations in the southwest Denver metro area.
CX Practice Schedule (tentative): August 14 through CX Nationals in December; Practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the Back 2 Basics CX race series (Wednesday races), there are no Thursday practices. Practices are from 6 – 7:30pm, getting earlier and shorter as we lose daylight, with practices from 4:15 – 5 pm by the end of the season in December.